MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Reinstallation Failed
Posted by: Curtis Bryant
Date: June 20, 2018 01:01PM

After uninstalling MySQL Community Server 5.5 on Windows Server 2008, I tried to reinstall it. Unfortunately, something went wrong while running the configuration wizard. I had given it a fresh root password, and this error arose:

---------
Error Nr. 1045
Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

If a personal firewall is running on your machine,...

If you are re-installing after you just uninstalled the MySQL server please note that the data directory was not removed automatically. Therefore the old password from your last installation is still needed to connect to the server. In this case please select skip now and re-run the Configuration Wizard from the start menu.
---------

I've truncated the part of the error message about the firewall because I don't believe it's a firewall problem. Before uninstallation, the web application, which had the same MySQL port configuration, worked. Now it doesn't because MySQL is uninstalled.

My goal in uninstalling MySQL was to give MySQL a fresh root password. Before uninstalling, my efforts to log in as root or to reset the root password were unsuccessful. Each time, I got error 1045. Now error 1045 is preventing reinstallation.

What should I do?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Reinstallation Failed
June 20, 2018 01:01PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.