MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Set up issues
Posted by: Bobby Lineberry
Date: July 18, 2021 08:40AM

I have downloaded the MySQL Workbench, Visual Studio with C++. The developer Power shell and Developer command line were bundled in one of those.
The reason I downloaded them was that while using Libre Base there were instances where SQL language was used in setting up form controls for list and combo boxes. One of the form controls options used a SQL language code snippet to query one of my table fields for the boxes selection data.
I also wanted to be able to use the joins feature across multiple tables to get the outputs I want. I figured my lack of knowledge of SQL was going to be aggravating me going forward. I'm learning about MY SQL and MySQL Workbench concurrently with the Libre Base course.
To my problem.
I downloaded the aforementioned programs and was prompted that the My SQL does not come bundled with the ODBC drivers needed for it to operate. I downloaded them as instructed. I also I had to download the prerequisite Visual Studio. In the course of all this it said I need to Install the MY SQL community server. Each attempt to do this leads me back to the MySQL workbench screen and I already have it . The MY SQL server I understand needs at minimum to be set up as client only if wanting to use it locally only.
1) I launched the driver configuration using window RUN ODBCcad32 , which puzzled me because I thought it would have said ODBCcad64. I tried to configure the driver but I need MySQL community server installed which I can't install properly for lack of the proper link to it ( I think ).
2) When launching the MySQL Workbench I have to connect to a Dataset that it cannot see.
I think I can learn to use it ok with the online training but getting everything set up has been my problem.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Set up issues
July 18, 2021 08:40AM
July 18, 2021 09:08AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.