MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

secure_file_priv set to NULL
Posted by: Riku Tajima
Date: October 12, 2021 11:16PM

I am new to sql, and programming in general. I am using a Macbook (version 11.5.2) and using Mysqlworkbench. I'm trying to use the LOAD DATA INFILE command to load data from a .csv into workbench, but I get Error Code: 1290. The MySQL server is running with the --secure-file-priv option so it cannot execute this statement

Currently, secure_file_priv is set to NULL; I checked using the show variables like statement.

I first attempted to change it to '' with set secure_file_priv = '' in which I get Error Code: 1238. Variable 'secure_file_priv' is a read only variable

I've read some possible answers here which includes changing the my.cnf file, but I don't know what that is, let alone know how to access it or what to use to edit it. I also tried to change the secure_file_priv through Administration > Status and System Variables, but got You need (at least one of) the SUPER or SYSTEM_VARIABLES_ADMIN privilege(s) for this operation. and after that I am out of ideas.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
secure_file_priv set to NULL
October 12, 2021 11:16PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.