MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Upgrade from 5.5 to 5.6 is causing 'MySQL server has gone away'
Posted by: Kieran Kelly
Date: June 27, 2022 04:01AM

Hi all, I upgraded my MySQL from 5.5 to 5.6, to get the performance schema changes. All looked good but then I started getting error messages from my error logging caused by the server going away.

A bit of background, I have 9 client databases and have data being delivered to my server at regular intervals in CSV files. I've a crob job running a script every 15 minutes. This script in turn launches a script for each client to import their data. This was all ok on 5.5.

After a lot of googling, I changed some timeout settings and this has helped a bit however, and I find this very strange, this morning for example, I was checking settings etc. (and they had reset because I hadn't put them into the my.cnf file), but at 8.06am, in the middle of running one of the import scripts, it said the MySQL server has gone away. All subsequent scripts then failed.

I left it and the 8.15, 8.30, 8.45, 9.00, 9.15, 9.45, 10.00 scripts all started and ran ok but at 10.06, it lost the server again. For my part, I run nothing special every two hours, so is it a coincidence that this happens every two hours?

Is there a way for me to see the state of play at that point of time or if something is happenning then?

Its extremely frustrating to say the least.

I'm thankful for any help or advice that you can give.

Thanks

Kieran

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.