MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

allow the general public to access my data base without using my password in the code
Posted by: Rudi Hammad
Date: April 21, 2023 07:10AM

hi,
I literally learn mysql 2 days ago so I am really new to it and networking in general.The reason why I learned it is because I am writing C++ plugins in a 3d animation software, and I want this plugins to work only if the user is registered in my data base.

So far I was able to connect to my remote server and extract the data I need to validate the use of the plugin (using mysql_connection.h). Basically I have a list of m.a.c address provided by the users, and I the mac is registered in my data base table, then the plugin works.

Now here is my question. To be able to connect to my data base I had to write inside of my code my user name and password. Even if everything is compiled I know you should never put your password.
So what is the process to follow to have anyone accessing the data base in my code without revealing my password.

I did some research and read terms like create a service to you app, use php, user REST API, but to be honest, being new to this I have no idea what to do.
Can someone give me some advice on what is the work flow?

This would also apply for a game leadboard online. How can I have the player accessing my data base to insert his score without providing sensible information like the password etc...?

thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
allow the general public to access my data base without using my password in the code
April 21, 2023 07:10AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.