MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Restore from Backup with MySQL Admin
Posted by: Jon Viney
Date: October 05, 2007 07:03AM

I thought I would provide some more info:

I have been running MySQL 5.0 on my laptop (XP Home SP2) for a while now but recently this machine has been riddled with malware. I am in the process of removing it, however, the system is too slow for development and yesterday MySQL stopped working ie. when I attempt to start the service I receive the following error:
Could not start MySQL service on Local Computer.
Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified.

And When to login to mysqladmin and I received the following error:
Could not connect to the specified instance.
MySQL Error Number 2003
Cannot connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10060)

Then when I ping the service I receive nothing.

Its really strange because the day before everything was working fine. My username, password, etc are all unchanged. One thing I notice is there is no stored connection in mysqladmin and when I try to add one it doesn't work.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it but the only thing I've changed (between MySQL working and not working) is request a new IP address a couple of times through cmd.exe. Of course it could have something to do with the viruses.

Anyway I have installed MySQL 5.0 on my desktop (Vista Home) and hence the need to transfer the database across (when/if I can access it on my laptop again) to prevent this in future.
One last thing does it matter if the username, hostname, DBname and password are the same for both servers?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2007 07:04AM by Jon Viney.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Restore from Backup with MySQL Admin
October 05, 2007 07:03AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.