MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Testing the updated database whether it is properly updated or not
Posted by: Antonio De Marchi
Date: February 26, 2009 10:50AM

I have a similar problem. I am using MySQL with Servoy, a Java-based RAD. To import large csv files into the backend DB I prefer to use Sql instead of the slower tools provided by Servoy. The process is totally transparent to the user because almost everything can be done through the Servoy interface.

This is a typical query, all parameters can be set by the user:

LOAD DATA INFILE '/usr/local/ISO\ 3166_3.csv' IGNORE INTO TABLE dbimport_temp.tb_iso_import FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '' LINES TERMINATED BY '\n' (fd_iso3,fd_denom,fd_alpha3);

To highlight errors in the import I then run

SHOW WARNINGS;

The result should be something like:

1265 Data truncated for column 'fd_alpha3' at row 237
1265 Data truncated for column 'fd_alpha3' at row 107
1265 Data truncated for column 'fd_alpha3' at row 172

If I run the queries in terminal everything is ok. My problem is how to show these same warnings to the Servoy user. I don't know how to retrieve these messages, say from a file or maybe a temp table inside MySQL. What I would like to do is writing these messages to a file and then transfer them, properly formatted, to the user. My question is: where are they written by MySQL? I checked every possible log, without success. Please forgive my inexperience.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.