MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Opinions on this schema please =)
Posted by: Willem vanSchevikhoven
Date: February 22, 2009 01:36PM

Hmm, i could ofcourse put some general categorization on the items them selves and then join them on the properties. The downside is that i would need a (select ... from ... where general category = xx) which produces a non-indexed table, right?

Well, i'll need to do some real testing with real data to get the right results anyways. But before i start building everything else from scratch i'd like to have ER's figured out so ther's no need to re-engineer _everything_ over again. Would the model i described in my previous post be somewhat satisfactory on storing the data? selects can be tampered with later on anyways.

PS. Im very sorry for posting the same message on this topic four times. Strange enough they didnt appear yesterday at all even tough i tried every refreshing and reloading of the page i could try.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.