MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Connecting to MySQL from Excel 2007
Posted by: Abel MacAdam
Date: March 27, 2009 04:24AM

Hi,

Dare I ask a question about creating a connection to a MySQL database from Excel 2007? Well, I have to.

We have a request tracking system which data is stored in MySQL. I have to create reports on data in this system. We use Excel 2007 for our reports. So I'm trying to create a connection from Excel to the MySQL database.

I create the connection inside Excel using the Data -> From other sources -> From Microsoft Query: <New Data Source>. In the 'Create New Data Source' window I fill in a fancy name for the data source, and select the 'MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver'. In the 'MySQL Connector/ODBC Data Source Configuration' window I fill in the URL (mydatabase.mydomain.org), enter a username and password en choose the appropriate database (MyDabase). When I press the Test button, I get a window stating the test was succesful.

The problems start when I next press the OK button. I get an "Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'nat.pt.mydomain.org'(using password: NO) Invalid connection string attribute".

Obviously I entered something wrong, but what do I need to change? Does anyone know what I need to do?

TIA
Abel

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Connecting to MySQL from Excel 2007
March 27, 2009 04:24AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.