MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Is MySQL the tool I need?
Posted by: Mark Nessfield
Date: April 09, 2009 02:58AM

Hola Sandra! Que tenga exito con tu proyecto!
MySql is a database, and yes it would probably be suitable for storing the data used in such an application (if you want to spend more money you could use Sql*Server instead, but there's no real reason to do so).
However the tool you'd probably need to look at to create the screens and bring back the data from Mysql would be php (you may also need to learn html, css, javascript etc).
If you are starting from scratch and want to do it all yourself, I'd recommending learning php with a good book or web tutorial (one that includes mysql database basics). You may find at a later date that something like drupal or dotnetnuke allows to put your site together quicker. I would advise learning php first though.
If you need help in Spanish there is a forum on this site for Spanish speakers; the site www.forosdelweb.com has a lot of help in different areas.

Good luck

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow my progress with mysql (English/Spanish) at my blog http://www.oxfordtechnotes.co.uk/sqlblog/blog4.php

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2009 03:01AM by Mark Nessfield.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
April 09, 2009 01:37AM
Re: Is MySQL the tool I need?
April 09, 2009 02:58AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.