MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Replciation Security
Posted by: Jeremy Shave
Date: August 24, 2009 02:28PM

Thank you for your reply and advice.

skip grant tables and show database sections of the my.ini file, I have tried them both with the # and without the hash and when I open a shell prompt and type SHOW DATABASES; it returns the available databases, so I do not know whether they set to not do so with or with out the hash,, so please advise how to switch the skip grant tables/show databases off?

The replication is something I do NOT want.. So I haven't carried out your advice on GRANT REPLICATION or CHANGE MASTER, my question is really should it be doing it?? Is that normal because I have not enabled it and if it is not normal how can I stop it, because my.ini has no reference the SERVER-ID and therefore I do not know why it shows a status of replication available in the mysql admin...

I have now locked down all logins but I can not start the server with networking=off but I am still hunting for the correct syntax...

here is some of the SQL queries that I have not made.. it maybe normal so please bare with me because I am new..

1 Query DELETE FROM mysql.db WHERE Select_priv='N' AND Insert_priv='N' AND Update_priv='N' AND Delete_priv='N' AND Create_priv='N' AND Drop_priv='N' AND Grant_priv='N' AND References_priv='N' AND Index_priv='N' AND Alter_priv='N' AND Create_tmp_table_priv='N' AND Lock_tables_priv='N' AND Create_view_priv='N' AND Show_view_priv='N' AND Create_routine_priv='N' AND Alter_routine_priv='N' AND Execute_priv='N'
1 Query FLUSH PRIVILEGES
1 Query SELECT Full_name, Description, Email, Contact_information, Icon FROM mysql.user_info WHERE cast(cast(User AS BINARY) AS CHAR CHARACTER SET utf8)=cast(cast('root' AS BINARY) AS CHAR CHARACTER SET utf8)
1 Query select cast(cast(host AS BINARY) AS CHAR CHARACTER SET utf8) as h, cast(cast(NULL AS BINARY) AS CHAR CHARACTER SET utf8) as o, _utf8'Select_priv' as pn, cast(cast(Select_priv AS BINARY) AS CHAR CHARACTER SET utf8) as pv from mysql.user WHERE cast(cast(User AS BINARY) AS CHAR CHARACTER SET utf8)=cast(cast('root' AS BINARY) AS CHAR CHARACTER SET utf8)
1 Query select cast(cast(host AS BINARY) AS CHAR CHARACTER SET utf8) as h, cast(cast(NULL AS BINARY) AS CHAR CHARACTER SET utf8) as o, _utf8'Insert_priv' as pn, cast(cast(Insert_priv AS BINARY) AS CHAR CHARACTER SET utf8) as pv from mysql.user WHERE cast(cast(User AS BINARY) AS CHAR CHARACTER SET utf8)=cast(cast('root' AS BINARY) AS CHAR CHARACTER SET utf8)
1 Query select cast(cast(host AS BINARY) AS CHAR CHARACTER SET utf8) as h, cast(cast(NULL AS BINARY) AS CHAR CHARACTER SET utf8) as o, _utf8'Update_priv' as pn, cast(cast(Update_priv AS BINARY) AS CHAR CHARACTER SET utf8) as pv from mysql.user WHERE cast(cast(User AS BINARY) AS CHAR CHARACTER SET utf8)=cast(cast('root' AS BINARY) AS CHAR CHARACTER SET utf8)

Thanks once again,

Jez

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
August 22, 2009 01:38PM
August 23, 2009 06:08PM
Re: Replciation Security
August 24, 2009 02:28PM
August 24, 2009 05:19PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.