MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Using FULLTEXT index with a boolean on the matched field?
Posted by: Roy Nasser
Date: September 08, 2009 03:18PM

Hi Everyone,

I am experimenting with MySQL FullText searching and discovering some nice things... One things I've been unable to figure out is the following...

If I'm matching say "sweet apple pie" (my search string) to an index that contains "apple pie" (in database), and I use BOOLEAN to force all fields, I'd be searching for "+sweet +apple +pie" which would not match "apple pie". If I do not use boolean, id be finding "apple pie" even if my search string was "sweet apple cake"...

This is kind of difficult to explain, but basically, my database index contains some MUST HAVE words, so basically, the search string MUST contain both words (apple pie), but i havent found a way to do it...

Is there a way to force the index words to all be present, as opposed to the search words all being present in normal + boolean mode?

Thanks a lot!

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.