MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Using FULLTEXT index with a boolean on the matched field?
Posted by: Roy Nasser
Date: September 09, 2009 03:20PM

Well yes, currently, if using boolean, searching for sweet pie crust wouldnt find anything since crust isnt in there...

What i wanted is to find anything that includes but is not limited to sweet pie.

I have a key phrase column which i wanted to index, basically, I will be searching for documents based on these keyphrases, as well as other content (such as the document itself)...

The problem is that a document that has a keyphrase apple pie, shouldnt match if I search for "banana pie", but it should match if I search for "warm apple pie" or "crispy apple pie"...

It is a little bit confusing, but it basically everything the other way around... One way may be doing a temp table, but I think there would be quite a bit of overhead in matching all my keyphrases to this temp table... since I will have say 1000 keyphrases, and one "search string", I wanted to find a way of matching this searchstring (eg: crispy apple pie), to all of the keyphrases (one of which could be apple pie)...

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.