MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Saving a query and calling from site
Posted by: Jeff Szucs
Date: November 04, 2009 03:24PM

I am just getting started with building an administration page for a small business opportunity I'm working with. The page is going to be very basic, just displaying clients from the database, allowing me to add new clients and info, and I would also like to set up a list of different queries to run and see the output on the page. I have everything done except that last part. I'm using dreamweaver, and working with phpMyAdmin. I've heard that it is much better to have the database do the query handling and just call on those queries to display the results as opposed to writing sql statements in the web code. I am confused on how to save the queries in the database (or is bookmarking the same thing) and then how to call on those saved queries from the page... Any light on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Example: I'll write a statement to return all records of those with an AccountBalance > 0, and would like to select that option from a dropdown or link on the webpage and have the page call that saved query in the database and return the results.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Saving a query and calling from site
November 04, 2009 03:24PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.