MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Moving mysql database from MAC to Windows problem
Posted by: Tony Elmiger
Date: July 13, 2005 06:18PM

I have to move a database from a MAC with MYSQL to Windows.
The MAC has MYSQL 4.0.18 loaded.

The phpmyadmin is not working on MAC machine so I tried to just copy the database files to the Windows machine mysql 4.0.21

After this mysql crashes when I try to open the databases with phpmyadmin.

A popup window appears and called DBUG Test signal Confirming this message causes mysql to fail.
In my phpmyadmin it get the message server not responding.

I also tried to recreate the empty tables on the Windows machine and just copy the .MYD and .MYI files into the Windows machine, leaving the .frm files. This worked on some tables but on others I have corrupted data in it and some tables are shown as in use.

The MAC mysql database does have 2 files that the Windows doesn't. ._.DS_Store and ._DS_Store.
Are the MYSQL files for those 2 system not compatible? If not How can I convert the database files? The database is still working on the MAC so I do not think the database is corrupt. My problem is that I do not have any experience with the MAC system

Thanks for any help

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Moving mysql database from MAC to Windows problem
July 13, 2005 06:18PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.