MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

After creating tablespace .ibd, Mysql doesnot start
Posted by: Syed Mahdi
Date: February 24, 2010 08:49AM

Hi All,

I tired searching the forum to see if there has been a similar issue but i couldn't find it.

I have a lot of DBs in my sql with a lots of data so the ibdata1 file was like 20 Gbs. I created innodb_file_per_table in my.ini and then ran
<query>
alter table DB.table_name ENGINE=InnoDB;
</query>
for each table in the DB. It did create .ibd files for each table in each DB but then my data folder was double the size now. So i removed the ibdata1 file after shutting down my mysql as all the data was already in their own specific .ibd files. I didn't knew that there is always some mysql InnoDB specific data in ibdata1 file. Now that i started my Mysql it doesn't start it did create a 10 MB ibdata1 file but even that doesn't work.

I did take a copy of the ibdata1 file in case something like this happened so i was lucky. I copied it back and now its all working but I need to remove this file from the system. What changes do i need in the my.ini (im in windows) inorder to create an ibdata1 file so that it can start again without the 20 gb ibdata1 file.

thanks in advance
Mahdi

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
After creating tablespace .ibd, Mysql doesnot start
February 24, 2010 08:49AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.