MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: What do I install on Suse 9.3 Professional?
Posted by: Peter Cannon
Date: July 25, 2005 01:59AM

Hi All

I'm not sure where to go for help but I saw this thread and thought it relevant. I am new to MySQL, I can log in and do some basic stuff I have a couple of those teach yourself Mysql and PHP, MySql in 24 hour type books.

I'm running Suse 9.3, I have installed Apache (which installs to a differant location to Fedora, which I'm used too) I have the latest Suse rpms of MySQL. Having followed the tutorial for creating an accounting database it moved on to creating what I would call a front end in PHP, using Yast I installed both PHP4 and 5 with additional modules. I was not sure what I needed so loaded just about everything to be on the safe side.

The book I have gave a walkthrough on creating a mysql_connect.inc file, if I run this in my browser nothing happens, no errors or anything the browser says done but the display is blank. I tried running PHPmyAdmin but I get an error page say "Unable to load MySQL_Module" the link to the help file does not list this error.

Has anyone seen this before on Suse? Can some one point me in the right direction.

If I should really be looking on PHP or Suse forums please accept my apologies.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: What do I install on Suse 9.3 Professional?
July 25, 2005 01:59AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.