MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

MySQL Architecture
Posted by: Shorty
Date: July 27, 2005 02:52PM

Hi Everyone,

I am hoping I can get some advice on the following:

I will be migrating an existing MS Access database to MySQL and creating a web application using PHP.

Migrating the Access DB to MySQL seems fairly straightforward.

There will be two databases. A private database that will reside on my local network and a public database that will reside on a different network. The contents of the public database will be available to all registered users and the general public. Registered users can log in (web-login) and add new entries through the web form. On the form, the user is able to check-mark which fields they wish to keep confedential. It is vital that these fields are never exposed to the general public.

Once users have added an entry, the entry gets added to the private database. The contents of the private database will only be accessible by two staff members. It then goes through an approval process and once approved by myself or another staff member, it is added to the public database. All fields of the entry are added EXCEPT those marked confedential.

Security of this application is paramount as the confedential fields are considered to be very sensitive information.

How can I go abouts accomplishing this in terms of architecure/design and enforcing security? Any ideas?

Help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySQL Architecture
July 27, 2005 02:52PM
July 28, 2005 01:09AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.