MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Multi-master & Multi data-paths
Posted by: jeroen benthem
Date: May 20, 2010 04:55AM

Hi all,
i'm relatively new on the database scene.
I've researched a lot of documentation about MySql and databasing and also subscibed for en seminar for the 27 of may.

Reason for my interests is our company is upgrading network and service avalibilty for web-apps.Im designing the apropiate solution for this.

Therefor we need an high availibility solution. (there is plenty of info about that).

--Scenario
We have two App-server (win2008) where Mysql 5.1 will run locally.
These servers will be load-balanced (thrue HW or microsoft load balancing).
We dont have a central database or data-bath...

The sql-databaes/server will be used at the same time, but it is impossible to request 1 row samely with the other server. (software prevents it)
--

As sad, ive reading about clustering en using replication for reaching High availibility in my network.

Know i'm wondering:
If i'm using an Master to Master configuration, what should i do with teh datapaths (InnoDb, and DataDir)?
1> Should i create is netwokr share and locate all servers to this path (all sql servers will use one data-path...
2>Should i use loccally paths and let replication do the work for me?

<Additional question> what info will be replicated in a amster-master replication>

Thanks for answering my question.

Thanks in advance,
The Dutchman,

Jeroen

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Multi-master & Multi data-paths
May 20, 2010 04:55AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.