MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Dealing with Table Structure Changes Between Production and Development Server?
Posted by: Erin ONeill
Date: July 29, 2005 11:52AM

I think there are many ways to accomplish this -- depending on the slant of the systems in use where you are. I've always used CVS since I'm a unix geek and I work in places where UNIX is the standard. I'm comfortable with unix scripts and the command line. In the past I've combined CVS, unix scripts with cron to do this sort of thing.

It's usually built into the build & release system. Once the QA manager releases the change/update then the build & release person sets the release in motion, a script gets setup to run (at a time that works for everyone) and viola! change has been pushed to the produciton server.

Of course now i'm at a smaller company and there is no build & release and ppl apply by hand with phpMyAdmin which just gives me the willys! but so far it works.

erin

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Dealing with Table Structure Changes Between Production and Development Server?
July 29, 2005 11:52AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.