MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

MySQL server has gone away
Posted by: Greg DeBacker
Date: June 15, 2010 10:24AM

This is day 3 of trying to restore a table from mysqldump back to a MySQL db. This db has over 900 tables, but I'm just trying to get one table restored now. I used the *.sql file to recreate the table structure. I then tried to load the corresponding *.txt file and then error I get is "MySQL server has gone away".

The txt file is about 9 megs, not huge, but I decided just try and run a few lines from the file to see what that would do. This time it bombed on line one and told me there was an error in the syntax of the sql statement. I deleted line and got the same error on the next line. I tried other files and got similar errors.

The txt files are tab delimted. I imported it in to an Access database and it imported fine. I got 47 columns in Access and the MySQL table structure that was built from the sql file has 47 columns.

I am at a loss as to how to continue. I read the http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/gone-away.html section in the reference manual and it shed no light on how to resolve this. I restarted the MySQL service and tried again with the same results.

Any ideas?

Greg

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySQL server has gone away
June 15, 2010 10:24AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.