MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Completely Removing mysql
Posted by: Arthritic Moss
Date: August 04, 2005 05:31AM

Hi,

I am running WinXP on a machine that I recently installed FoxServ 3.0 on. FoxServ installs Apache/mysql/Python/PHP on top of that I installed phpNuke. Everything was up and running fine but I made a few mistakes along the way and decided to start again.

So I uninstalled and re installed the lot. I noticed that mysql obviously hadn't been uninstalled as my created databases were still intact. I had problems trying to get rid of the databases through the browser UI I was using (myadmin or something like that). So i created new DB's for phpnuke to use and carried on regardless. More problems were soon to follow, I ended up in password hell. I could no longer log into phpnuke as an admin, I couldn't seem to edit my database to remove or change author pwd's or user names.

So I want to completely remove all trace of mysql from my system so that I can put my Newbie errors behind me and start a fresh. I would be greatfull of any advice on how I can get rid of all traces of mysql.

Thanks for your time,

_Moss

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Completely Removing mysql
August 04, 2005 05:31AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.