MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: need to compare date between variable and mysql stored date
Posted by: ibakebread
Date: August 05, 2005 07:54AM

Thanks for your suggestion Jay. I'm still having a problem though. I now get this error:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home...../news.php on line 16

I tested the query itself in phpAdmin and changed the $temp_date variable to a specific date (since the mySQL monitor wouldn't know what the variable is). When I do that, I get the result I want.

I also tried printing out the $temp_date variable and it produces the correct result. So it seems that there's a problem with the $temp_date variable in the query. Any ideas? Again, here's the query, with you added code:

$temp_date = $_GET['news_item'];

$time_string = substr($temp_date,0,4) . '-' . substr($temp_date, 4,2) . '-' . substr($temp_date, 6,2) . ' ' . substr($temp_date, 9,2) . ':' . substr($temp_date, 11,2) . ':' . substr($temp_date, 13,2);

$temp_date = date('Y-m-d H:i:s', strtotime($time_string));

$query = "SELECT title,author,type,text,link FROM news WHERE date =" . $temp_date . "LIMIT 1";

$result = mysql_query($query);
while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)) {

Thanks for your help

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: need to compare date between variable and mysql stored date
August 05, 2005 07:54AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.