MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

This program has deleted all my databases!!!
Posted by: Renato Santos da Silva
Date: August 05, 2005 10:13AM

Hello people! It's so bad that I am registering because of this tragedy... and I have to say that I can't speak english very well...

But I have to say what happened some minutes ago...

I was using the evil bad bad MySQL-Front 3.2 tool to do something that I don't remember now... well, then I found an option to copy a database. I selected the option in the context menu of some of the databases, then selected 'paste' in the context menu of the server (the over object above the databases). Then the program duplicated all databases in his database's list. Then I wondered about what was happening, because it is impossible to exist two databases with the same name. Well, so what I did? I selected the duplicated objects, only the duplicated!, and asked to the evil program to delete them. Then, then, then... the evil evil bad bad MySQL-Front has deleted all, all, all the databases...No backup!!!!! Ahhh!!!!!

At least, the server is not in production, but in test. But it is a serious issue. Think about this happening on a production server...

I tried to recovery the data, but I couldn't. I thought that I coud execute all the binary logs since the first. Well, but... where is the first? There was only logs from 053!
I believe the only way is to use some kind of file recovery tool such as EasyRecovery (only Windows), but I don't know any for linux. I believe that the name of the files are completely lost, because some time ago I had an experience with file recovery in linux.

Well I don't like MySQL-Front anymore...

Ohhhh I'm so bothered!!!!

Renato Silva, from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
This program has deleted all my databases!!!
August 05, 2005 10:13AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.