MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

MySQL showing results that don't exist in database
Posted by: Haily
Date: August 11, 2005 12:48PM

The MySQL server on my host is showing some really strange results. Here's how it all went:

Everything was working fine, the script (self-made, very simplistic search and display one) was fine, the database was fine, etc. Then one day it all came down, for some reason the password and username combo didn't work anymore, when it did the query didn't return any results, etc. My hosting company wrestled with it for several days and finally made a partial recovery where only some of the data came through, in which case the script worked fine with the limited info.

Now the problem is that it seems to be showing old results.

I've already deleted all the fields, made new ones, deleted all rows, and created 1 new one. The script, when it's activated, shows that there are 3 results ($num=mysql_numrows($result) returns 3) when there is only row in the database.

The results that are returned are incomplete, so there's several errors like this coming up:

Warning: mysql_result(): FIELDNAME not found in MySQL result index 3 in /home/dreamsb/public_html/pages/charas/characters.php on line 85

The stats are:
phpMyAdmin 2.6.1
MySQL 4.0.24
PHP 4.3.9
All of it running on a Linux.

phpMYAdmin has also been showing some real odd quirks, for example it took over half an hour to delete all the rows because they kept popping up again after deleting successfully.

My hosting company says there's something up with the script, but I don't see how it can produce fake query results or whatever.

I can include the script in question if you need me to, although the only thing it does is get all results from a table and order them by one of the fields which I get through a $_GET variable.

If you have any idea where the problem might be, or even what direction I should look in for answers, I would really appriciate being told.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySQL showing results that don't exist in database
August 11, 2005 12:48PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.