MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Performance Enhancements
Posted by: Pete Neal
Date: August 17, 2005 04:23AM

Hi..

I'm a relative newbie to MySQL, my main role is network admin/management, we have a bespoke database system, that has been designed for us, it unfortunately has a fairly bulky FoxPro (C++) front end on it and within our local network runs fine, and even externally to our VPN based offices, the performance is also very good - what I would like to know, is what can i do to ensure superb performance all of the time, what monitoring tools can i use, and what resources are out there to further enhance it's stability and speed...

Also, are there any other good resources people may know of to actually convert this client/server based application to Web Based, i am a web developer in my spare time and work time, and as such have developed one or two database driven web applications....I feel that moving to a solution such as this could provide unparalleled expansion capability, whilst further enhancing the speed and stability of the application...

any answers would be most appreciated!!!

Thanks
P

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Performance Enhancements
August 17, 2005 04:23AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.