MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

mySQL error: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client
Posted by: plunk plunkster
Date: August 20, 2005 09:28AM

mySQL error: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

getting this error after our host upgraded to Mysql 4.1 the forum ran fine until he did this upgrade and refuses to admit its his problem tells us to update our scripts and just left us hanging there

(There is nothing wrong on our end. We have upgrade to Mysql 4.1 so thats why your getting that error. Your scripts are incompatible. Please update your scripts and everything should be okay.)

fine considering i know nothing at all about updating scripts

could someone tell me what to do in simple terms thanks

version of board is Invision Power Board v2.0.4

i had a reply but it means nothing to me
Maybe your host should read this:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/old-client.html

our forum was working fine until he updated in simple terms how do i get it running again the database seems to be there all intact although when we try to do a backup to another server it says no tables forund

is there anyone that will back it up and restore it to another server so i can get rid of these unhelpfull hosts or an explanation in simple terms on what i should do

ps must use paypal thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
August 20, 2005 09:28AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.