MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

MYSQL Error n4 1364 (authentication string no default) while configuring
Posted by: hassan alu
Date: March 11, 2011 10:09AM

I am in the process of developing a program that uses a Mysql DB to store data. It was working fine a week ago then after reformatting my computer and re-downloading all the necessary files it stopped working. This is the major error that i get everytime i get

Er. nr 1364 "field authentication string doesn't have a default value"

Now i have reformatted my computer many times, i know my username/password and i have two colleagues who are developing this program for me. We all have been experimenting with different versions of windows but still the same problem comes up. I am using windows 7 32 bit in particular.

however, if i "uncheck" the "remote access from machines" box in the configuration wizard it runs normally, but i need the "remote access" feature enabled in order for my software to properly work.

So at this point I'm stuck, I contacted mysql directly and they directed me to these forums, so any help would be reallyyy appreciated

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MYSQL Error n4 1364 (authentication string no default) while configuring
March 11, 2011 10:09AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.