MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Cannot Connect to Database on localhost unless connected to internet
Posted by: Go SoSo
Date: August 06, 2011 04:31AM

Guelphdad pls if u may..

i have win xp 2, and iis 5.1 .net 2, and all is set up properly(i think so).

am new to mysql and networking. i did successfully setup mysql server 5.5.15 and worked, also set the password for the three account available by default(root@localhost, root@127.0.0.1 and anonymous ( ''@localhost)).

But i have an issue! to login either through mysqld or mysqladmin tools is NOT possible UNTILL i connect to the internet. Not even if i try with option 127.0.0.1.

my etc\host has only one entry;-
127.0.0.1 localhost

the entry --skipnetworking is completely absent in my.ini file, but i remember during setup i anabled remote access, though generally am working locally, i was nt sure if it will be needed, so i choose it anyway.

Trying to isolate incase it was mysql or OS problem, i ping localhost and then 127.0.0.1 before and after connecting to internet. Before the result is the same 127.0.0.1 32byte bra bra bra....

But once connected <ping localhost> returns 'REPLY FROM ::1: TIME \1MS'
and <ping 127.0.0.1> returns same result as before connection.

Can u figure out what is happening here, and what i can do to be able to use mysql without internet on??

my thinking; whoever is responsible for the localhost(something...iis or..something..DNS...i dont know), assumes control by default as long as another ip is NOT availabe; in this case ...it seems once im connected the ::1: automatically anables the default "OWNER" of the localhost to free it hence mysql is able to connect.
OR what is happening here???
i also cannot connect mysql through the php by calling mysql_connect(), with or without the internet connection, the error is the same as the one before internet connection. ERROR 2003 mysql cannot connect to localhost <10061> or
ERROR 2003 mysql cannot connect to 127.0.0.1 <10061>..

mysql and mysqli extension are uncommented in php.ini, the dlls also seem set up properly. Could this be connected to above???

there's a folder in php with MIBS I DONT KNOW if they are need by extensions or something....what are they for?

thks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2011 07:44AM by Guelphdad Lake.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.