MySQL Forums :: Newbie :: Not able to move database to mounted LUN in linux

Advanced Search

Not able to move database to mounted LUN in linux
Posted by: Pavan Kulkarni ()
Date: August 12, 2011 08:24AM

Hi,

My requirement is to create a large DB, so I am trying to move the DB from default location to mounted drive(LUN) which has enough space.
After copying the db files to new location and making changes in "my.cnf" file. i.e. I am getting error when i start the mysql service,
But the surprise is that, If I try to move it to some local drive(not mounted LUN) its working.

Detils of setup:

Mysql : 5.5.14

Error :
/etc/init.d/mysql restart
MySQL server PID file could not be found! [FAILED]
Starting MySQL...The server quit without updating PID file [FAILED]p/mysql-data/rhel5p.pid).

Thanks in advance

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Not able to move database to mounted LUN in linux Pavan Kulkarni 08/12/2011 08:24AM
Re: Not able to move database to mounted LUN in linux Rick James 08/13/2011 11:14AM
Re: Not able to move database to mounted LUN in linux Pavan Kulkarni 08/14/2011 11:50AM
Re: Not able to move database to mounted LUN in linux Rick James 08/14/2011 01:03PM
Re: Not able to move database to mounted LUN in linux Pavan Kulkarni 08/15/2011 12:47AM
Re: Not able to move database to mounted LUN in linux Rick James 08/15/2011 07:25PM
Re: Not able to move database to mounted LUN in linux Pavan Kulkarni 08/17/2011 01:46AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.