MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: error messages while importing sql file
Posted by: Peter Brawley
Date: November 25, 2011 12:43AM

> Can the different distribution version and server version be a problem?

Unlikely. Most of the changes from 5.1.46 to 5.1.51 concerned the InnoDB plugin and replication. You will have to study those entries (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/news-5-1-x.html) to see if they're relevant.

More likely causes of the problems would be server settings, dump file parameters and database differences.

> Is it possible that this file is wrong?

Dunno.

> if I delete all tables and import the correct file, things go smoothly; however, if I import the file without
> deleting the tables before, I get dozens of "multiple entry" error messages and annoying beeps for minutes.

ie the dump file contains rows that exist in the target DB.

>But it would be practical to simply re-update the existing database with the new files
>from time to time without deleting the tables before. How can it be done?

That requires a synchronising mechanism or tool. Not trivial. Simpler to use replication or drop and dump.

>I have a table which has to be duplicated under a different name each month,
>e.g. table 1111 should become table 1112 with the same structure.
>To avoid recreating the content manually, what is the command to use for this purpose?

There is not a simple command for that. Write a MySQL stored procedure or a function in your app language.

PB

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: error messages while importing sql file
November 25, 2011 12:43AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.