MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Learning Management System MySql Database design
Posted by: Grzegorz Agacinski
Date: March 09, 2012 01:52AM

Hi

wow - objectives are big and scope of the project as well... My feeling is that you do not have much experience and trying something like this is quite big job and long one.

this is database driven project - first you need solid schema for this do not start developing app (any changes to database schema == changes to your app)

I am not sure if I mentioned this or not: spend as much time as you can to desing database schema, read about normalization and how to desing properly database (lot of books and resources online) once you are happy with this there is second stage write/develop app for this: PHP, JAVA what you like.

the only one more sugesstion I would like to make: do you need write it from the begining, can you use existing solution for this e.g. Moodle very good e-Learning platform for free, or even use CMS such as Drupal, Joomla etc.

to give you answer how and what tables should look (databse schema) this is not easy - and at the end is your project. You have gotten a lot info fro this forum users how to start and progress wiht your work: now start planning, and developing

Good Luck

Grzegorz Agacinski
http://webdevsphere.com

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.