MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect()
Posted by: Jonathan Eagle
Date: June 05, 2006 04:53PM

Nick,

I think you have put your finger on the source of my problem. I too get the "Fatal error:" message. However, while phpinfo() brings up the raft of settings, the 'Configure Command' section DOES NOT show a "--with_mysql" in mine. Rather my 'Configure Command' section shows:

cscript /nologo configure.js "--enable-snapshot-build" "--with-gd=shared"

How do I get it to recognize the MySQL?

I think I have done everything suggested to me in the documentation, but the error message doesn't change.

The things I've done:

1. Made sure "F:\php" is in the PATH string
2. Put "libmySQL.dll" in the "F:\php" directory
3. Set: extension_dir = "F:\php\ext" (which is where "php_mysql.dll" and "php_mysqli.dll" are) in the "Paths and Directories" Section of php.ini
4. Enabled those DLL's by adding:
extension=php_mysql.dll
extension=php_mysqli.dll
to the Dynamic Extensions section of php.ini

Also, contrary to the Note in the "Installation on Windows Systems" section of "XCI. MySQL Functions" (http://us2.php.net/manual/en/ref.mysql.php), I DO NOT get an "Unable to load dynamic library './php_mysql.dll'" warning when booting up.

I have apparently missed something, and I'm hoping you'll be able to point me to what it is that I'm overlooking.

Thanks again,

Jonathan

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect()
June 05, 2006 04:53PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.