MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Can't display MySQL System Tray Monitor
Posted by: Max Anderson
Date: March 18, 2012 07:49PM

Hi this is my first post and I've just installed MySQL Community Server v5.5.21 on Windows 7 Home Premium.

I've been following the white paper "A Visual Guide to Installing
MySQL Embedded Server on Windows" and I hope it's talking about the same product as Community Server, but it's the only guide I could find.

MySQL seems to have installed correctly and gives all the correct answers when I access the MYSQL monitor via a command window ("show databases;", etc.) However I can't see any sign of the System Tray Monitor.

On http://dev.mysql.com/doc/administrator/en/mysql-administrator-appendix-tray-monitor.html it states:

"The MySQL System Tray Monitor is a tool that allows you to monitor the status of your local mysql server through an indicator that resides in the system tray. The MySQL System Tray Monitor also gives quick access to the various MySQL GUI tools through its context menu.

To start the MySQL System Tray Monitor, you can either execute the MySQLSystemTrayMonitor.exe application that resides in your MySQL Administrator installation directory, or choose the MySQL System Tray Monitor option of the Tools menu."

This is a bit worrying as there is no such icon in my System Tray. I can't find any .exe file of that name in Program Files\MySQL (nor anywhere on my hard drive). When I go to Services it tells me MySQL is running. I tried logging on as Administrator but still no sign of this icon or the program.

Also I have no idea where this Tools menu is located.

I've "disabled" UAC as far as is possible in Windows 7, i.e., by dragging the slider all the way down. I've also Repaired MySQL installation, but still no sign of the systray monitor.

Can anyone tell me where I've gone wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Max

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2012 07:55PM by Max Anderson.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Can't display MySQL System Tray Monitor
March 18, 2012 07:49PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.