MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Improving time response in SELECTS and INSERTS
Posted by: Ivan Garcia
Date: April 27, 2012 04:34AM

Hello

I have one database to save a lot of records from 4 servers (about 300 millions of rcords).

To improve the performance I split the only table in 4 identical tables, one per server.

I usually send queries about 2 columns, both bigint(16). I created an index in both columns to improve the time response of the SELECTs, but this made that the inserts (with LOAD DATA INFILE) started to take a lot of time, from 1 second to more than 10 minutes per table after creating the indexes. I improved a bit the LOAD DATA time response by increasing 'bulk_insert_buffer_size' variable, but not enough.

So i need some ideas to improve time response in SELECTS and INSERTS.

On the other hand, to SELECT from the 4 tables at the same time, I use 4 SELECTs with the UNION command. Is it possible to do it on other way? I have read something about JOIN and USING commands, but I haven't succeed.

Thanks in advance,
Ivan

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Improving time response in SELECTS and INSERTS
April 27, 2012 04:34AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.