MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

[Solved] - Location of MYSQL Databases - How to Find
Posted by: Stephen Rynas
Date: May 27, 2012 08:47AM

I am looking into how to backup my Linux compter including my database. According to a variety of posts and the file -> my.cnf, the database should be located in /var/lib/mysql. This directory has nothing in it, plus it has a little "x" in it. I suspect that the database has been migrated to another location. A search of the file system did not locate it.

I have PHDamin installed as well as Apache, I don't know if that has any effect on the location of the database. In fact, I was hoping that one of the PHP setting tabs would show the actual location of the database, but alas, NO.

I am using Ubuntu 12.02.

I am aware of mysqldump, but that does not resolve the concern of knowing where the databases are located so that I can incorporate them into the backup program.

If MYSQL my database cannot be defined by a discrete location, is there a "data" directory that can be used by the backup program to capture asll MYSQL database?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2012 04:36PM by Stephen Rynas.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
[Solved] - Location of MYSQL Databases - How to Find
May 27, 2012 08:47AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.