MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: TIMESTAMP with implicit DEFAULT value is deprecated
Posted by: Rick James
Date: January 11, 2014 05:58PM

Originally you asked something about
> > The server at MyDomainName is taking too long to respond.
We have strayed from that.

Your script should call mysql, not mysqld. mysqld should be running as a 'service' all the time; mysql is the client.

> This is where ibdata1 is:
> C:\Programs\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\data\ibdata1
How about the permissions going up that tree?

How did you install MySQL? Via Wamp, or some other thirdparty package? Or by downloading sources and compiling yourself. If the latter, then I suggest some step was not done quite properly.

Rather than building scripts like that, get into the habit of typing two lines:
C:\ mysql -uroot -prootpwd
mysql> SHOW VARIABLES LIKE '%extended%';
In the long run, you will find your script pattern too tedious, and too rarely repeated. If you are going to be the DBA, you will need to know the commands, their syntax, and some basic variables.

There are ways to hide (default) the user via a personal my.ini, but I don't even do that.

Hmmmm... I wonder if you already had the server (mysqld) running, then when your bat file ran it tried to start another mysqld -- and ibdata1 was locked by the first one. If so, this is good. There should _not_ be two copies of mysqld running.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.