MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Question about converting databases
Posted by: Will Fernberg
Date: December 20, 2016 06:18PM

Hi I am in the process of implementing a new mysql database. We are moving from a mssql database website and retooling our new website in the process.

I know that I can convert the old mssql database using Workbench, however most of the data (and within a couple of months all of it) on that old database will be used primarily as a reference database. It has over 35,000 records in it that date back 10 years.

My question - would I be better converting the old database to a mysql version and just keep adding new records, or is it possible to create a new database in mysql and link the old database to it in some way?

Sorry if its a dumb question. I have unlimited space and unlimited # of databases available on the new website, and I want to be able to consider all possible options and pick the best one.

Thank you

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Question about converting databases
December 20, 2016 06:18PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.