MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Struggling a bit with setting up my new database
Posted by: Will Fernberg
Date: January 11, 2017 06:01PM

Hi,

I need to set up a completely new mysql database and was looking for a good video tutorial, or a book, a website, anything that will not only walk me through the correct way to set one up, but also enable me to understand what it is I'm doing so I can properly manage it going forward.

I'm very new at this but I want to learn. I have several .mdb tables I need to convert and eventually import the data from as the new database tables will use the same column headings and data, but before I do that I think it would be wise for me to understand how to structure my new database so I don't run into headaches later.

The small company I'm working for does not have the resources to hire a professional to do this so I have to figure it out. I do have time on my side to learn it as part of my job is in development.

Thanks for any assistance.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.