MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

deny access from root to only one database
Posted by: Christopher Crandall
Date: January 12, 2017 03:58PM

Hello, I'm still sort of new with MySQL, and I have a problem that I am hoping there is an easier way to fix then changing 20 some odd sites to incorporate new users and passwords.Up until now I have not had to have more then a minimum amount of security for my MySQL server so I have used the root as the user (tried setting up a new user before but could never to get it to work and it wasn't that big of a deal back then), But now I'm working on a site that needs the security and I have gone through great lengths to make and hash the user name and password that I created for the database. I am just wondering is there a way to stop root from having access to only this database or am I going to have to turn root completely off and create a new user and password for the rest of the databases?

Thank you for your time :-)
Christopher J. Crandall

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
deny access from root to only one database
January 12, 2017 03:58PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.