MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

My Website and MYSQL Process Killed!
Posted by: John Cooper
Date: March 30, 2017 05:31AM

Good afternoon everyone,

Please excuse my first post being a plea for help from an absolute newbie!!

I have a ecommerce website built on the Magento platform. I employed someone to create the website and so was entirely at his mercy! Needless to say, we have no more contact and I'm left in a sticky situation when any issues arise - hence this post.

This morning I discovered that my website www.stitch-up.com was unavailable. I raised a 'support request' with the hosting service and they always reply in quick time. However, the reply detailing the issue is like 'double dutch' to me!

This was a reply I received when I requested the reason for my site being unavailable:

Mar 30 10:02:56 brutus kernel: [50677709.563705] Out of memory in UB 420: OOM killed process 28897 (mysqld) score 0 vm:745168kB, rss:51840kB, swap:0kB

There were many more similar entries for various days leading up to today.

Whether this is caused by the enormous number of spam emails I receive, I don't know. My website hosting service also host several related email addresses.

My website is presently available again but I fear this is just the first of such problems I'll be having and therefore need to take some action.

Would anyone like to put forward suggestions as to how I can rectify the problem?

Thanks in anticipation,

Regards

John

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
My Website and MYSQL Process Killed!
March 30, 2017 05:31AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.