MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: multiple foreign keys references one table
Posted by: Eric Fiore
Date: July 30, 2017 05:05PM

Thank you Peter for the response. I think you are under the impression that this code will be used in a production system. I can assure you it will not. It is merely an assignment for a database course I am taking. It is quite fake though the grade is quite real. In any case.

I take your point with the Hungarian naming

You are correct about using unsigned int and unsigned small int in particular. That makes complete sense.

I use the one to many for coursetaughtby for project limitations as it will not be used to record actual course information.

Having a separate table for section makes complete sense and I think that solves my original problem.

I agree with you about using DOB instead of age. Again this is not for actual use and the instructions ask to use age not DOB.

Students do take the same course multiple times but, again, this is only for educational purposes not real use.

Instructions ask to use SSN and not another type of ID. Yes definitely SSN is highly sensitive information and should not be stored without high levels of security.

I take your point about not using real for grade.

I believe moving sections to a different table will solve the section ID problem. Moving them out of enrolledin does make sense and I see how you are thinking.

Thanks again Peter! You were a huge help.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.