MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Help building a database/ 2 linked databases
Posted by: database ben
Date: August 05, 2017 08:09AM

My suggestion is to use MSOffice for this project. Many of the things you will need to learn and accomplish have already been automated by Microsoft.

With MSAccess, for example, you can create an input form and this form can be accessible by many computers through out the location. So teachers can input data via their school room computers and offices, while you will be able to aggregate the data and create your analysis or reports.

Similarly if you design your database and input forms with TLC, each teacher will be able to push a button or buttons to see reports of the data they had inputted and can export their data to spreadsheets.

To this end, using MS spreadsheets is also an option open for use with your database. In other words, you can use spreadsheets for the teachers to input and you can link to them via MSAccess. You can also create input forms in Excel as well.

The information above is from my older days of building custom database's using a variety of advanced methodologies.

What we folks do know is the "value" of not re-inventing the wheel.

Incidentally, the MS InfoPath and Sharepoint technologies might make the aggregation of data more efficient. So look into this as well and let us know because I am not personally sure if these modules actually have any value :-)

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Help building a database/ 2 linked databases
August 05, 2017 08:09AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.