MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Update Table With Select Results
Posted by: Duane Mitchell
Date: September 11, 2017 09:56AM

Thanks for the followup Peter. I didn't have "follow" checked on this post and then went on vacation so I missed this. Here's some more info.

You are right about the multi-insert. That's how I get the data into the temp table to begin with. I don't know that I can do that after the join returns the new data. Here's some background. There are 10 users. The receive a spreadsheet from a customer. It's never formatted the same and always has an arbitrary number of columns in an arbitrary order. They do a couple of things it it, save as tab delimited, then insert and create the table.

I can guarantee that some columns will exist. They are the pk, fname, lname, and state columns. Then an ALTER adds some more that will get the data that results from the JOIN. I was hoping to update the table somehow using SQL. Perhaps an INSERT INTO or a UNION or some sort of new table creation. I don't have the experience to know.

I'll look at doing a batch update from the app language.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Update Table With Select Results
September 11, 2017 09:56AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.