MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: MySQL Server 5.6 restart does not restore users and schemas
Posted by: Peter Brawley
Date: September 10, 2017 04:10PM

All right, something has happened, we don't know what, you apparently don't have a database backup from before you made your changes to my.cnf, nor do you have a backup of my.cnf from before you changed it.

Best then to avoid all assumptions and avoid all actions that might further compromise your installation. Stop the mysql service. Under services->MySQL->Properties find the command which that MySQL service uses to launch the mysql server. Copy & save the cmd into a text file. It will be something like ...

<some path>\mysqld --defaults-file="<some path>\my.cnf"

To that command add ...

--console –-skip-grant-tables

Open a DOS cmd window and execute that command. If a fatal error occurs, it will be reported there and the command you executed will return to the DOS prompt. Copy and paste that error report here.

If no error occurs, mysqld will execute and the DOS window will appear to hang, which indicates the server is running.

Now open another DOS cmd window, and int it navigate t the folder where the above command called mysqld in the fierst cmd window. To open a command client, execute this ...

mysql

When that loads, execute ...

select user, host from mysql.user;

... and post that result here.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.