MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

MySql Database access restricted by IP address?
Posted by: Bill Jour
Date: October 02, 2017 08:44AM

Hello Forum....I did a search for this topic but haven't been able to find anything similar. The issue is that access to the MqSql database records via a PHP page interface has been restricted by the former programmer...I am assuming that he did this by restricting access by only allowing IP addresses in a certain range.

What is happening is that only an IP address in the 200 range in the fourth subset can get access....for example, a workstation with IP address 192.168.1.200 and higher (201, 202, 203, etc.) will be able to access while anything below 200 (192.168.1.199, 198, 197, etc.) gets a denied access message.

I will soon have to make changes to the Static IP address, Netmask and Gateway of the MySql server in the etc/network/interfaces file...it is running Debian Linux. The present static IP address is 192.168.1.240.....this will need to be changed to 192.168.6.7 in the next week to ten days. I anticipate that any workstation trying to access the MySql database after those changes are made will get a denied access message because of the IP address restriction.

My question is where can I look to find the configuration file that contains the IP address restriction so that I can edit it to conform to the changes I make in the interfaces file.

Hope this all makes sense. Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySql Database access restricted by IP address?
October 02, 2017 08:44AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.