MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Setting UP MySQL for Online Connection
Posted by: John Peter Paredes
Date: October 04, 2017 02:42AM

Hey guys im a newbie in MySQL and im using SQLYOG to manage my database. i can do the usual like create a table, delete a table, database, import export, and the likes but all these years i have only been using mysql for local connection. in 'localhost'. i have always wondered what are the steps i needed to do in order to make my mysql server LIVE. i keep reading on search results about having to change my.ini bind-ip address or something but i checked these files and nowhere in it says something about "bind" ... now i tried those commands where you need to type in the mysql command console the GRANT ALL PRIVILEGE etc but i did that and i still could not connect to mysql (NOTE forgive me if this is wrong but : to test if i can now connect to the server i open my SQLYOG and in the connection option instead of "LOCALHOST" i type in my supposed static IP address, i get that from visiting whatismyip.com and also my Internet Service Provider assured my my connection now is static ... but it will still give me the 10006 ERROR message.

so if i may ask ;

1. What are the pre-requisite in setting up mysql to be online ?
2. what is the simplest way to make my MySQL server ONLINE ?
3. What are the dangers of making it LIVE online and how do we secure the server ?
4. Do i need to do some work on my windows firewall even though when installing mysql i already opted to "allow remote connections" and "allow port 3306" ?

Can anybody please help a newbie to understand how to make the simplest connection over the internet ?

Thank you everyone in advance for your time.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Setting UP MySQL for Online Connection
October 04, 2017 02:42AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.