MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Making Tables from Values in a Field
Posted by: Thomas Stieve
Date: October 18, 2017 01:54PM

Thank you for the replies. This is an ongoing project. I have downloaded the data from Wikipedia by language Wiki. My final product is one database with rows that contain article titles in English and the number of countries of origins of the IP edits. It's not a database that will be maintained. It's a one time project. My thought is to do something like:

CREATE OR REPLACE TABLE belgium.abkhazian
SELECT *
FROM ab_edit_en
where ab_edit_en.country = "Belgium";

Where belgium.abkhazian is the Abhazian edits from Belgium that will be located in the Belgium database. These are selected from the Abkhazian language database that contain IP origins in Belgium. So, I'm going through the field "country," finding those edits in Belgium, and putting them in the newly created database Belgium.

I'm still fairly new to MySQL, so I'm learning as I go along in this project. I would like to automate dropping tables that are empty, but I see that's a stored procedure (IF statement).

Any feedback from someone who has more experience is appreciated.

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Making Tables from Values in a Field
October 18, 2017 01:54PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.