MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Issues working with H5/HDF5 and RDA file formats on MySQL
Posted by: Sam R.
Date: December 26, 2017 12:49PM

I'm familiar with how to upload and work with CSV, TSV and .txt files in MySQL. Currently, I have a set of large (~2-6 GB each) files with H5/HDF5 format and RDA (R Data) format (https://www.loc.gov/preservation/digital/formats/fdd/fdd000470.shtml) that I'm trying to upload to MySQL, and so far, the standard methods of working with these files haven't been successful. For example, I'm trying to view the content and structure of those files using the "head" command on my Mac console so that I can set up tables in MySQL according to these files' structures before I import the files, but instead of displaying useful info, the content of both types of files appears as wingdings.

I've reviewed the MySQL documentation and forums, but haven't located useful info about how to work with either of these data types on MySQL.

I located the following link (MySQL vs. HDF5: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/pydata/S3kLxyrizkI) suggesting that the HDF5 format may be a competitor/alternative to MySQL, rather than a format that is compatible with / can be uploaded to MySQL. It would be convenient to add my new H5/HDF5 and RDA files to my existing MySQL account so that all of my database files are on a single platform, but if that isn't feasible or optimal, I'm open to using another platform(s) to work with the H5/HDF5 and RDA files; suggestions are welcome.

Any advice about the best option(s) to handle these large H5/HDF5 and RDA/RData files is appreciated. Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Issues working with H5/HDF5 and RDA file formats on MySQL
December 26, 2017 12:49PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.