MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Complete mysql database with fronted
Posted by: Windy Borough
Date: September 28, 2018 02:54PM

Hello forum,

New user here and first of all I'm hoping I'm posting this in right section.

I've seen a video on YouTube of MS excel database with frontend like an application. It's complete with drop down menus and search function. It's a general employee record database. It's an hour or so long video detailing the database from start to finish.

My question is, is it possible to do the same thing in mysql? Do this and run it independently? Like without using xampp.

I use mysql in myphp admin when working in zen cart. I use xampp to run everything locally. Ideally it's what I'm looking for, to have everything locally but without xampp.

The project is for a property agency, a friend. Required fields are: full client details + copy of id + bank statement copies at the time of contract + credit check report + contact details + reference check details + property details + start and end of contract details + details of any work done on the property after client moved in. Next tab of same property is of the landlord containing, full name and contact details + when property was taken off the landlord + details of how landlord is paid. Both tabs should've when rent is collected by renting person and when it's due to be paid to the landlord.

All this searchable using UK postcode or property address. The id and documents mentioned above must be displayed as pdf of any format supported. For security, whole thing must be encrypted. Username and password protected.

Can it be done? I thought I'll ask before doing this in excel because a video tutorial is available online and easy to follow. Any thoughts and advice on this is much appreciated. I've to do this by Monday and present it Monday morning so your thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Complete mysql database with fronted
September 28, 2018 02:54PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.